I am, without a doubt, an absolute horrible Christian.
Often people see my FB posts, or even read a blog or two. I’ve had woman who have told me how “amazing” I am to follow God the way I do.
I just laugh.
My sister-in-love mentioned to me one day, while in conversation in the car…. One day I’m going to expose you for who you really are. Everyone out there thinks your so sugar sweet and super Christian, but little do they know.
I just laugh. It’s funny, because it’s true.
Seriously though, I’ve never meant to misrepresent myself.
I truly follow Christ.
I love Him completely with my whole heart.
Daily, I attempt to live for Him and live out my purpose in Him.
But, really, at the end of the day, I’m human…and I pretty much suck.
So for those of you who don’t know me, or don’t know the sinful side of me….allow me to confess…now keep in mind, I don’t need judgement for my confession or for what I do. Nor do I need you to tell me it’s okay, nor do I need you to be offended because of whatever reason you have.
- I LOVE Horrible TV Shows like Sex In The City and Will & Grace. It’s great writing, with great characters.
sometimes, occasionally, every now and thenCuss. Almost every single day. Sometimes I even drop the “F” Bomb. It’s definitely cleaned up in the last 20 years, no more do I hang with the sailors, but I do have a potty mouth. My kids are constantly correcting me, when it should be the other way around.
- I fight with my husband. And sometimes I say mean things I can’t take back. We are not the perfect couple. Our arguments are meaningless at times with no resolution.
- I hide from my kids. In a secret room, because sometimes I just can’t “mom” or meet their needs.
- I am HORRIBLE about finishing anything.
- just kidding
- Sometimes I just don’t understand people, so I judge them. Like seriously judge their shoes, or why they think the way they do. And I look at them with funny faces…and they think I’m interested, but really I’m confused.
- I sometimes think about stealing stuff from stores. I don’t actually do it, but I wonder if I could get away with it.
- I don’t always feel like talking about Jesus or sharing my “story” or witnessing or testifying…i’m okay with getting out of Walmart without even making eye contact.
We know that the list is longer and the sins deeper, because this list isn’t all that impressive or funny or shameful. So when you see my posts or blogs or tweets and think how deep and reflective and thoughtful I am, imagine me instead, avoiding all my projects, and ignoring phone calls. Imagine me just being a human trying to get along, without perfection, hoping for a giggle, working on cleaning my mouth out with soap. I’m a work in progress, but aren’t we all?!